Top 5 Floor Clothes Steamers Comparison
Top 5 Handheld Clothes Steamers Comparison
The old saying that clothes make the man might not be liked by all, but it has some truth to it. While the brand, texture, or color of the clothes isn’t something that people should be ashamed of, how clean the clothes are and their overall appearance should be. For people to make a good impression and to look tidy, they must wear wrinkle-free clothes that look impeccable.
A laundry appliance that sees its fair share of success and popularity due to the impressive wrinkle removing capabilities that it boasts is the clothes steamer. It is perfect for removing wrinkles from all types of fabrics and it’s generally compact in size and easy to store and use.
There are a lot of ways to classify these laundry appliances, but only one classification is generally recognized by everyone when it comes to these laundry appliances. Therefore, based on their size and use, there are two types of garment steamers available, more precisely floor models, and handheld models.
- Floor models are the most common types on the market. Their design consists of a base that resides on the floor and a long tube that has a nozzle at the end. To provide the steam that removes the wrinkles off of fabrics, the water in the water tank has to be heated. For this to happen, floor models use a special motor that heats the water, turning it into steam. The time in which the water is heated varies from model to model. Some models take longer than a minute to be ready for use, while others, like the PurSteam XL High-Powered, take only 45 seconds to be ready and release steam.
- Handheld models have the same capabilities as floor models, but they dramatically differ in design. They are a lot smaller, which makes them ideal for people who have limited space at their disposal in their homes. Also, their small size makes them ideal for those who travel a lot as well, these units fitting in luggage perfectly.
- Unfortunately, their compact size affects the time of continuous steam that they provide. Nonetheless, there are models which can last for generous periods of time before they need to be refilled. Such a model is the Esteam Personal model which lasts up to 15 minutes before it needs to be refilled. There’s no wonder that this model is considered by many, including us, as being the best handheld model on the market
Advantages they Bring
There still exist people who use clothes irons to get the wrinkles off of their clothes. Clothes irons might have some advantages of their own, but they are far surpassed by these laundry appliances. The many advantages that they offer to those who use them, their increased convenience in use and the comfortable operation that they provide clearly makes them the better choice to go with.
Gentle on delicates
- Clothes that have delicate fabrics like chiffon or organza are very pretentious when it comes to how they have to be handled to get the wrinkles out. Using a clothes iron on them is a great mistake because it’s not capable to remove the wrinkles without burning and permanently damaging the fabrics.
- This is where garment steamers excel, being the perfect choices for those who have to get wrinkles off of delicates. Due to the fact that they don’t make direct contact with the fabric, there’s no risk of burning the fabrics. The steam that they release comes in power from a small distance from the fabric, and it effectively removes all the wrinkles to leave the clothes looking impeccable.
Odor removal and sanitization of clothes
- Besides effectively removing wrinkles off of clothes of all kinds, they provide the benefit of removing odors and sanitizing the clothes as well. This makes them a necessity especially for those who have babies and small children, the clothes of the small ones needing to be perfectly clean to be safe to wear.
- What gives them the ability to remove unpleasant odors and bacteria off of the clothes is the powerful steam that they release. All top of the line models feature these capabilities, some great examples being the J-2000 Jiffy Garment and the Rowenta IS6200, both of which appear in our top of the best models on the market.
- Modern people don’t have a lot of time to waste. This makes these devices a heaven-sent for them. The fact that they are extremely easy to use, the small heat-up time, and the comfortable method of de-wrinkling that they offer make them real time-savers. Also, as opposed to the less efficient clothes irons, that aren’t gentle on the user’s back, these laundry appliances don’t require you to sit in uncomfortable positions.
A Short Buying Guide
No shopping session should be started without knowing precisely what to look for. Just like with any other type of product, it’s necessary to first know what makes a certain product good before rushing to the store.
Water tank capacity and steam time
- When buying this type of laundry appliance, by far the most important features to look for are the capacity of the water tank and the steam time provided by the model at hand.
- The bigger the water tank capacity, the better because it shows that you won’t need to refill it too many times. Therefore, for a floor model to be of a good quality, like the J-2000 Jiffy Garment is due to its 96-ounce water tank, it must have a generous water tank capacity.
- The steam time that the model offers is important because it shows for how long it can be used before the water tank has to be refilled once again. For floor models, a great steam time is 90 minutes per filling, models like the J-2000 Jiffy Garment boasting such an impressive steam time.
- Most modern units boast an increased versatility due to the fact that their steam intensity can be set through heating in stages. This offers users more control over the power of the steam when de-wrinkling different types of fabrics, allowing them to choose the precise power that is needed for perfect results.
- A great feature to have in mind when searching for the perfect choice is the option to modulate the steam intensity. While it’s true that not many models boast this feature yet, there are some that do have it.
Portability and reach
- What makes them such a spectacular choice for de-wrinkling the clothes is their portability. No matter if we’re talking about floor models or handheld models, they have to be easily portable to make removing the wrinkles an easy and pleasurable experience.
- Floor models feature wheels that make it easy for the users to pull these units after them when they go from one place to another, or from one room to another.
- Without exception, all handheld models are portable. These handheld units are easy to carry around and use due to the fact that they are lightweight. Also, their compact size makes it easy for the user to maneuver them.
- An important aspect to look for when investing in a floor unit is the reach that it offers. A good reach makes it more versatile and easy to use, allowing the user to steam garments of all sizes with it. For the reach to be perfect, it’s preferable for the hose of the unit to measure at least five feet
- The feature that sets certain models apart from others is the amount and type of accessories that they come with. Both handheld and floor units can come with useful additional accessories that make them more efficient and convenient to use.
- For floor models, the important accessories that they can come with are telescopic poles, fabric brushes, garment hangers, lint pads, and crease attachments. Top of the lines model like the Rowenta IS6200 come with all of these accessories, being indispensable for those who want convenience and versatility when de-wrinkling their clothes.
- For handheld models, the important accessories to look for are fabric brushes, lint removers, vertical press pads, interchangeable heads, protection panels, filling flasks, steam handles, and travel bags. The Shark Press and Refresh comes with no less than six of these important accessories. Therefore, to make a good choice, keep in mind to go with a model that comes with as many accessories as possible.
Important Details We Looked For
If you are wondering how we ranked the models in our tops of the best floor units and best handheld units, you have to know that we have followed the most important features as criteria for classification. This way, we ensure people that the models in our rankings are the best out there. But to better understand this ranking process, people first have to understand which are the most important features and why.
Heat up time
- When reviewing these laundry appliances, in order to provide only the best models in our tops, one of the most important features that we took into consideration was the heat up time that they offered. For a model to be of a great quality, it must be ready for use as fast as possible, which means that its heat up time has to be very short.
- By far, the best floor models that we have found based on this criteria of selection were the PurSteam XL High-Powered, the Elite Garment, and the Steamfast SF-407, all of which took only 45 seconds to be ready for use.
- In our ranking of the best handheld models, the most efficient models that we could find when it comes to the heat up time are the Esteam Personal, the Shark Press and Refresh, and the Sunbeam Hand Held Garment, all three models taking only 60 seconds to heat up.
- The capacity shows for how long the user can remove wrinkles with it before the water tank needs to be refilled with water.
- Our top choice, and arguably the best floor unit on the market, the J-2000 Jiffy Garment model is the best choice when it comes to water tank capacity. It prides itself with an impressive capacity of 96 ounces, which makes it easy to understand why it was our choice for the number one spot.
- When choosing the best handheld models, we were very impressed by the generous 12-ounce capacity of the PurSteam Premium model. This is one of the reasons why we consider it to be one of the best models of its kind on the market.
Steam time per filling
- The steam time offered per filling is another important feature on which we have based our rankings. The longer steam time the models offer, the better because it offers users the ability to steam and de-wrinkle with them without being faced with annoying interruptions.
- There’s no surprise that the J-2000 Jiffy Garment ranked first in our top, this model boasting an impressive steam time per filling of 90 minutes. After such a long time of using it, it’s most probable that the user won’t need to refill the tank and continue to use it because all the clothes will have already be taken care of.
- The impressive steam time per filling of 15 minutes convinced us that the Esteam Personal deserves its spot as the best handheld unit, being very compact but highly efficient at the same time as well.
- The automatic shut-off feature is crucial because it shows that the product will turn off when the reservoir runs dry. This makes the models that have this feature safer to use, being the reason why we kept this criteria in mind when we chose the models and ranked them.
- The J-2000 Jiffy Garment and the Rowenta IS6200 are the top of the line floor models that we chose and that come with this impressive feature, using them ensuring complete safety.
- Among the handheld models that we consider as being the best out there, the number 1 ranked Estem Personal has this feature. Also, the same safety feature is shared by the Sunbeam Hand Held Garment and the PurSteam Premium models.
- The garment hanger feature is only available for floor units. This accessory is mandatory for top of the line units to have because it increases their versatility by offering a place where the user can hang the clothes to de-wrinkle them more easily. To provide you with only the best quality models out there, all of the models in our list of the best floor units come with this useful accessory.
Top Rated Floor Clothes Steamers Reviews
- The J-2000 Jiffy Garment floor model can easily handle stubborn wrinkles due to its impressive 1300W of power. It heats up in only 60 seconds. The impressive 96-ounce removable water tank that it comes with provides up to 90 minutes of continuous steam. It features a 5 and a half feet long hose that increases its maneuverability. In addition, when its powerful steam passes through the fabrics, it removes odors and sanitizes them as well.
- The solid plastic construction makes it resistant to impact. The removable water tank that it features is made of glass. It comes with convenient caster wheels that increase its portability and maneuverability. It’s available in pink and beige to suit the aesthetic preferences of those who are interested in purchasing it. It comes with a telescopic pole, a fabric brush, and a garment hanger.
- What made people fall in love with this model is the fact that it’s extremely practical and easy to use. It can de-wrinkle all types of fabrics, including silk and denim. Also, it features a clothes hanger hook that allows the user to turn the clothes easily.
- This product comes with a 3-year warranty that covers parts and labor. In addition, anything that you need clarified regarding the operation will be explained via e-mail by the customer support team.
- The PurSteam XL High-Powered model uses 1500W of power to effectively handle removing wrinkles off of the clothes. The aluminum heating element that it features takes only 45 seconds to heat up. Due to its 64-ounce water tank you can steam with it continuously for 60 minutes. The 6-inch long steam head ensures that the wrinkles will be removed with only a few passes. Also, the 7-foot long power cord allows free movement when using it.
- The support rod of this product is made of concentric tubes that the users can extend to the height of their choice. The rolling casters provide increased mobility. The garment hanger with clips that it comes with allows users to secure their clothes in place when using this laundry appliance. Also, it comes with a useful fabric brush.
- The increased maneuverability, generous steam time, and the caster wheels that it features make it very convenient to use. In addition, the solid base ensures that it won’t tip over easily to avoid unpleasant incidents.
- When it comes to product protection, this model comes with a 2-year warranty, time during which any defects will be fixed by the manufacturer.
- The Elite Garment model offers 1500W of power. It’s capable of removing wrinkles very fast. It features an aluminum heating element that heats up the water in the tank in only 45 seconds. It provides the user with 60 minutes of continuous steam until the 61-ounce water tank needs to be refilled. It is able to kill up to 99.99% of the germs and bacteria that reside in the fabrics of clothes.
- The plastic housing and compact size give this product a stylish design. It’s very easy to store, which presents a great advantage for those who don’t have a lot of free space in their homes. Also, it comes with a telescopic pole, a useful garment hanger, and a fabric brush to make de-wrinkling a pleasant experience.
- The caster wheels that it features don’t only make this model easy to move from one spot to another, but they make it easily maneuverable as well. The removable water tank is easy to fill and empty.
- This product comes with an impressive 5-year warranty. The warranty alone is proof enough of the superior quality that it offers, the manufacturer willing to back it up for a long time due to its durability and high performance.
- The Rowenta IS6200 model offers amazing de-wrinkling capabilities due to its 1500W of power. The generous 81-ounce removable water tank allows the user to continuously steam with it for no less than 60 minutes. It takes only 60 seconds for the brass heating element to heat up the water in the tank for the steam to be produced.
- The built-in wheels that it features make it easy for the user to transport it from one room to another. Due to the fact that it tilts on its back wheels, it can be easily stored even in small places. To turn it off, the simple pressing of the foot pedal is enough. In addition, the removable water tank is transparent to make it easier to realize when it’s time to refill it.
- The tilt and roll design of this unit allows for it to be transported like a suitcase. The stay-cool handle that it features ensures increased safety and protection. It comes with a telescopic pole that can be adjusted to different heights.
- This product is backed up by a limited 1-year warranty which includes defects in materials and workmanship.
- The Steamfast SF-407 has 1500W of power which allow it to heat up fast and eliminate wrinkles with ease. It uses an aluminum heating element to heat up the water in the tank and deliver the necessary steam to de-wrinkle clothes. It takes only 45 seconds for the unit to be ready for use. It features a 45-ounce water tank. Also, it’s able to provide continuous steam for 45 minutes.
- This model comes with a telescopic pole that measures 51.18 inches in height, and which can be adjusted to suit the height of the user easily. It has a sturdy construction that ensures it won’t tilt over when it’s in use. In addition, it comes with a fabric brush and a garment hanger, accessories which make it more convenient to use.
- To offer increased precision when de-wrinkling the clothes, this unit comes with a handy press that resembles an iron. Any loose items that reside on the clothes can be easily taken off with the fabric brush. The caster wheels that it comes with allow freedom of movement when steaming with it.
- This model is backed up by a 1-year warranty on parts and labor.
Top Rated Handheld Clothes Steamers Reviews
- The Esteam Personal model produced by Jiffy Steamer provides 600W of power. The 8-ounce water tank offers 15 minutes of continuous use. It takes 60 seconds for it to heat up and produce steam. It features automatic shut-off when the water tank is empty. Also, the cord of this unit measures 9 feet in length to give freedom of movement.
- The high-impact plastic outer housing of this model make it extremely durable and reliable. The compact size makes it perfect for those who travel a lot. In addition, it comes with a lint remover for increased convenience in use.
- This unit comes with a handle that makes using it a very comfortable experience. The 9-foot power cord allows free movement when using it. Also, due to the fact that it’s a handheld model, it allows users to remove wrinkles without taking the clothes off of the hangers, which makes it extremely convenient to use.
- This product comes with a 3-year warranty in materials and workmanship from the manufacturer.
Eipca 800 Watt
- The Epica 800 Watt model effectively removes wrinkles due to its impressive 800W of power. It heats up in 120 seconds. It features a 7-ounce water tank. The steam time per filling that it offers is 12 minutes. It features an on/off switch that allows an easy operation. The 10-feet long power cord makes it easy to move around when using it.
- This product has a durable plastic housing that ensures it won’t get destroyed easily if it falls. It comes with a fabric brush and a lint remover. These attachments allow users to not only remove wrinkles, but groom the clothes as well for them to look perfect.
- The convenient on/off switch makes operating this product extremely easy. To refill the water tank when it’s empty, the cap simply has to be removed for the water to be poured inside. It fits perfectly in luggage, which makes it perfect for those who are on the road often.
- The manufacturer offers a 3-year warranty for defects in the materials and manufacturing for this unit.
- The Shark Press and Refresh has an impressive power of 1580W. It features a 6.5-ounce water tank that enables it to steam for up to 15 minutes. For the unit to be ready for use, it will take only 60 seconds. It is capable of eliminating up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria from the fabrics. This makes it perfect for those who have small children.
- It boasts an interesting design that sets it apart from its competitors. It’s easy to use. It comes with a vertical press pad that easily fits on doors. This accessory is important because it eliminates the need for an ironing board. Other accessories that it comes with include a fabric brush, a lint remover, interchangeable heads, a filling flask, and protection panels.
- The compact design and the fact that it’s lightweight make it easy to use this product to remove the unpleasant wrinkles off of clothes. Also, it can easily fit in luggage. It features a convenient on/off switch that makes starting and shutting it off very easy.
- This product comes with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Sunbeam Hand Held Garment
- The Sunbeam Hand Held Garment offers 1400W of power. It takes only 60 seconds for it to heat up and be ready for use. The generous capacity of its water tank enables it to steam continuously for no less than 15 minutes. In addition, it encompasses large areas of fabric due to its wide steam coverage in order to save time.
- It allows the user to switch between low and high steam settings with ease. It’s compact and lightweight. It comes with a fabric brush, a vertical press pad, a lint remover, interchangeable heads, and a steam handle.
- The on/off switch that it features makes using this product easy. The automatic shut-off feature enhances its safety in use, ensuring that it will stop operating when the tank is empty. Also, it allows freedom of movement while using it due to the 10-feet long power cord.
- This product is backed up by a generous 3-year warranty for materials and manufacturing defects by the manufacturer.
- The PurSteam Premium model provides 850W of power. It comes with a removable water tank that has an impressive capacity of 12 ounces. It can steam continuously for 10 minutes. It takes about 90 seconds for it to heat up and be ready for use.
- This model features an 8-feet long power cord. The aluminum housing makes it durable and resistant to falls. The fact that it’s small in size and lightweight make it portable. Also, it comes with a convenient travel bag that makes it safer to fit it in the luggage when traveling.
- The reduced dimensions make this model easy to store. To increase safety in use, it automatically turns off when there isn’t any water left in the removable water tank. It is capable of not only removing wrinkles, but sanitizing and odorizing clothes as well.
- This product comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, meaning that any user who isn’t pleased with its operation can return it and receive the money spent on it back. In addition, it’s backed up by a full 3-year warranty.